Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Baby Food


Iris will be six months in a couple of weeks, and I am excited for her to try some new foods. I am planning on making as much of her baby food myself, so yesterday I got started with sweet potatoes. You can make baby food easily by steaming or baking the food, depending on what you're cooking (for example, you would bake a potato but steam broccoli), and then just pureeing in a food processor or blender. I got these adorable little jars at a baby shower and filled up all 12 for the freezer. I will be making a trip to the store soon to get some glass jars as well. 

As excited as I am for this new phase coming up, I know that right now food is about tasting and exploring. Her main nutrition source will still be what mommy has on tap, which she loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment