Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Happy New Year!

Happy 2014!

It's been almost 3 months since I last blogged. Time has really flown by. I wasn't taking an intentional break, but little Iris has just been keeping me on my toes. She's been growing, developmentally leaping, teething, and has had a few colds and even a stomach bug that we all ending up catching (the great stomach bug of 2013 as we call it). She even turned one back in November!

So here's a little update on what's going on at our house. 

The holidays were busy and blessed. RJ and I spent a lot of time talking about how we want to spend our time and where we want our family's focus during the Christmas season. For us, it is on the birth of Christ. 

Our family, led by our church, is on a 21 day journey of prayer and fasting. This brings about a time of reflection and renewed strength to start the year. We are both new to fasting, so we are each doing it in our own way. RJ is fasting meat. This has proven to be a little move difficult because he recently went gluten free. So, he is having to do a little more meal planning. I am not fasting food because I am nursing. So, I am instead fasting Facebook. It's been harder than I thought it would be! I will confess that I cheated a few times yesterday. I had to do some housekeeping for a group that I administer, and I was sucked into checking my groups and notifications. Today has been much better. Even though I have wanted to log on, I have resisted the temptation.

Iris is now walking like a champ. She is babbling all the time as well. She is clueless to the fact that she doesn't have any actual words yet, as she is babbling all the time. She for sure knows what she is saying. If only I did! That would help some toddler frustrations. She is also working towards only napping once a day. To me, this seems like such a "big kid" thing! My little baby isn't a baby any more. She is quite the pistol, with her own thoughts, plans, and ideas of what she wants and what she wants me to do as well. She has also turned a corner and is finally eating more solids. This means she is nursing a little less now, which bring about a whole slew of mixed emotions for mommy! Bottom line is that she is happy and thriving, and we give all the glory to God for that. I am so happy He chose RJ and I to be her parents. 


I hope you are having as happy and blessed New Year as us!



No comments:

Post a Comment