Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Weekend Review

We had a lovely weekend, filled with lots of quality family time. RJ works every other Saturday, so when he has off, it's like a special treat. Saturday, we went out to lunch a new (to us) BBQ restaurant and to a Halloween party at the Birmingham Art Museum. Iris got to color with crayons for the first time, and I was really impressed with the children's interactive art area. Iris really had a great time, and so did the rest of us. Sunday, we went to church. Iris was not happy in the nursery, so she and I watched the message from the Mother's Room (I watched; she pulled everything out of the diaper bag). That afternoon, RJ and I had a dinner date at the Melting Pot. It's one of our favorite restaurants, and we used to go there all the time before our little girl was born. So what if we had to eat dinner at 4:00 so we could be back home in time to put the baby to bed. It was still so special to just have some quality time together. 

The cooler weather is finally here, and I love how all the leaves are starting to change color and fall.

I hope your week has been wonderful so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment