Monday, July 1, 2013

Taking the Leap

Tonight is the night. Tonight is the night where we are going to start transitioning Iris back into her bassinet, with the goal of her sleeping in her crib soon. I am having to write in down so I don't lose my nerve, because I am seeing a few long nights ahead of me. 

For the past several months, Iris has been sleeping in our bed next to me. It has worked beautifully up until now. However, for the past several weeks, she is waking more and more, and neither of us is getting much sleep. Making this transition now will work for us both in the long run. Pretty soon, she is going to be able to pull up. Once that happens, her bassinet will no longer be a "safe place" for her to sleep, so she will then need to be in her crib.

Like I said in an earlier post, CIO is not going to be happening in this house, so it's ok if these changes take a while to set. I have already enlisted the help of Grammy coming over in the afternoons, if I need to take a little nap. 


Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment