Monday, April 22, 2013

Weekend Review

We had a fun and productive weekend. The weather was BEAUTIFUL. Saturday consisted of going to the farmers' market, a gumbo competition put on by local churches, and I even got to run some errands sans baby. Sunday, we did lots of things around our house. Me less so, because sweet, teething Iris only wanted mommy. RJ was a rockstar with doing laundry, grilling ribs for his co-workers (which is developing into a little side business), and planting my new blueberry bushes in the backyard. Hopefully we will be seeing some blueberries soon! I had a few herbs  in my garden come back from last year, so I transplanted them so they are now grouped together. 

Sunday, I really felt the Holy Spirit speaking to me about making our home more Christ centered. I listened to a few old sermons from our pastor, talking about our current culture. Our home really needs to be a place of sanctuary in Christ. A place where we can be refreshed and nourished to go back out into the world.  

Ephesians 4:25-5:20

No comments:

Post a Comment