Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Reading

I love to read. Historical fiction, mystery, and a good old fashion love story are my favorite genres (Jane Eyre is my all time favorite). I really want to instill in Iris a love for reading, so I read to her often. I had an awesome baby shower when I was pregnant, that set us up with our own little children's library. I grew up watching my parents read all the time. I remember my mom being so wrapped up in a story, that she would spend all her free time during the day with a book. Since having a new baby, I don't get to spend the time that I used to with a book, but I try to catch a chapter here and there when I can. Right now, I am reading Uncle Tom's Cabin


The Easter Bunny brought Iris some books made for babies. They are called Indestructibles, by Workman Publishing. They are rip proof, non-toxic, chewable, and washable. Perfect for a little girl who likes to put everything into her mouth. We have the nursery rhyme sets. She LOVES look at the vibrant pictures, and I love that they are fun and multicultural. For example, Humpty Dumpty takes place in China and Old MacDonald has a farm in Bolivia. You can order them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment